The Science of the Private Lesson: Introductory Workshop
with Francesca Cervero
Saturday, May 12
Fee: $150 ($125 for CYC Teachers)
Sign Up Here
Do you want to teach more private clients? Do you feel depleted from running all over town teaching tons of group classes? Do you feel drained from teaching the private clients you do have? I hear you! I have been there too. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
It is possible to inspire and support meaningful change in your students’ lives in a way that is sustainable. Teaching yoga one-on-one requires a different skill set than teaching group classes, and these unique skills are left out of most teacher trainings.
After this one-day workshop, you will have a clear understanding of what makes a private class different from a group class AND what it takes to build a thriving private practice.
We will cover:
- what it means to be emotionally committed to meeting your students where they are, and how to do that consistently
- how to build trust with your students on every level, so they will open up to you, and real transformation can occur
- how to think on your feet and create sessions that meet your students where they are on physical, emotional, and spiritual levels
- why knowing the intended benefit of a pose is important, and how to shift when it’s not working
- a framework to use in your very first session with a new client, so the trial and error process can feel a bit more easeful
- how to get started and find your first few clients!