You don’t need me to tell you that The Year of Our Lord 2020 was (and this is the official designation, I’m pretty sure) A Hot Steaming Pile of Garbage. So much of what made last year difficult is unchanged at the moment and so I wanted to record an episode that is a little different from what we usually do here at The Mentor Sessions.
Most of the episodes on this show are interviews with visionaries, experts and thought leaders in the yoga education space. Sometimes I hop on the mic solo to share my thoughts about online yoga or teaching without demonstrating. Even more rarely I share an intimate view of my own life and teaching and one of the most downloaded episodes to date is Episode 56: Avoiding Burnout: Self Care, Boundaries + Daily Routines, recorded in August of 2019.
In the spirit of offering myself (and you) tender and compassionate care, today I’m going to share the twelve basic, surface-level routines I incorporated last year that really saved me.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- why the way self-care is talked about in the wellness world is problematic
- how learning about other people’s self care routines is helpful for me, even when they aren’t habits I would ever incorporate myself
- the daily practices that help me make transitions (since I never go anywhere anymore!)
- my favorite podcasts to listen to on my daily walks
- the technology self-care habits that took zero extra time, but did wonders for my mental health
- time management strategies that helped me continue to get quite a lot accomplished without working nights or weekends
- what I recommend to yoga teachers to make new offerings successful without too much stress