I am so excited to announce that my virtual yoga studio Stillness + Movement is officially open! This episode will take a deep dive into how I ended up creating a virtual yoga studio (it was kind of accidental!), what is so different about the way we teach, and how I recommend teachers listening set up something similar much more cheaply than the custom registration platform I had built!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- why I wanted the studio to have an “old school” structure
- the distinctive way we are teaching virtual yoga (hint: we do it sitting at a desk! No fancy camera, mic or lighting required)
- who our classes are for and what students can expect
- how I connected with the teachers who are teaching at the studio and what makes them each so special
- what I recommend if you want to host your own virtual yoga classes, but don’t want to build a custom registration platform!
- Stillness + Movement (come take a class!!)
- Acuity Scheduling (this is what I most recommend for teachers organizing their own virtual classes)
- Vagaro (also good!)
- Tara Lemerise Yoga (check her out, she has live virtual classes and a class library she built herself!)
- Monica Bright’s website (check her out, she has live virtual classes and a class library she built herself!)
- Memberpress and Envira Gallery (these are the plugins Tara is using for her class library)
- David Ryan Healing Arts Web Design (my amazing web guy!)