There are so many reasons to change up the way we both start and end our classes. Just a few might be:
- Starting a private lesson in a traditional seated centering might not have the intended benefit.
- People spend too much time sitting already!
- Spending a lot of time in passive stretching might feel relaxing, but can also destabilize our students’ joints.
- Spending a lot of time in passive seated stretching is not comfortable or relaxing for a lot of people!
- Ending a private lesson in a traditional savasana might not have the intended benefit.
This is the beginning of an ongoing series with a bunch of creative ways to avoid spending too much time in traditional seated poses. This first video introduces the Calf Smasher!
Let me know how it goes when you give this a try with your students!