Ann Swanson is a certified yoga therapist, mind-body science educator, and author of the beautiful new book, Science of Yoga. She is part heart-based healer and part science nerd. With a Master of Science in yoga therapy and roots studying yoga in India and tai chi/qi gong China, Ann uniquely applies cutting-edge research to mind-body practices while maintaining the heart of the traditions. She joins us on the podcast today to talk about the intersection of yoga and science.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- what the yoga world has to gain from diving deeper into the study of science
- all about the enteric nervous system and how yoga practice might affect it
- some of the Yoga Myths that were Ann’s favorite to bust 😉
- how Ann recommends we teach shapes and movement given that most yoga alignment cues are aesthetic
- what the research shows about yoga, meditation and chronic pain
Learn More From Ann: