What kind of rules have you been taught about the safest way to twist? What do you teach your students about the best way to rotate through the spine? Today we are taking a deep dive into these questions and I couldn’t be more excited!
Your fellow teacher and podcast listener Madison Houck joins us today to unpack this conversation, as it was inspired by a really interesting private lesson Madison and I had.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- how the spinal vertebrae relate and react to each other
- the single good reason to focus twisting movements in the thoracic spine
- several specific twisting movements to try with your students
- some ideas for cueing in a specific, but expansive way
- why brining nuance into movement teaching is so challenging, and so important
This episode is sponsored by OfferingTree! Sign up at www.offeringtree.com/mentor to get 50% off your first three months (or 15% off any annual plan). With OfferingTree, yoga teachers put their schedule on a personally branded website where students can book classes and even pay or donate online. All of this can be set up in 10 minutes or less. OfferingTree supports me with each sign-up.