Dr. Garrett Neill, or Dr. Yogi Gare as he’s known online, is a Chiropractor and a yoga teacher and I LOVE following his work on social media. He shares tons of helpful information for yoga teachers and holds the space for really interesting conversations for our community.
In his work with patients Dr. Garrett employs Chiropractic Manual Therapies, Soft Tissue Techniques and Corrective Exercises that emphasize stability, strength, and efficiency to ensure his patients are capable of moving in the best way possible. He writes and lectures about anatomy, biomechanics, & neuroscience and how they relate to yoga and he teaches weekly yoga classes.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- all about the difference between Active Range of Motion and Passive Range of Motion why it is important for yoga teacher to understand the difference between the two
- a discussion of the three main barriers to range of motion that show up in our joints
- some of the reasons the body might “tighten” and limit our range of motion
- what we should we be thinking about in terms of how we teach movement when it comes to creating stability
- how mobility and flexibility are different from one another
Learn More From Garrett:
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- On Shut Up And Yoga (this is the article our conversation was based on, so read it to dive even deeper!)
Some of the Resources Mentioned in the Episode: