Teaching yoga one-on-one requires a totally different skill set than teaching group classes and these unique skills are left out of most teacher trainings so if you have lots of questions about teaching 1×1 lessons that makes sense. I’ve been a full time yoga teacher since 2005, teaching 15-25 private clients a week for most of the last 14+ years so I’ve got plenty of experience in this realm and am so happy to answer your questions!
In this episode I do a Quickfire Q + A and answer these questions:
- Is it rude if I bring a swiffer and clean my student’s practice space?
- What should my cancellation policy be? And does it have to work both ways?
- Do you have an initial assessment/interview session to get to know your client and their needs?
- How do you best serve a client that you feel would benefit from a slower paced practice that always asks for a more challenging, faster pace class with difficult poses?
- What is the protocol for raising rates on existing private clients?
- What does it mean to meet students where they are?
- And more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- A Framework for the First Session with a Private Yoga Student
- The Science of the Private Lesson Online Training
Price Increase Sample Letter
Enter your name and email address below to have the Price Increase Sample Letter that I mentioned in the podcast emailed to you.
Listen to the podcast here:
I did a Q + A about private lessons last year too! Check out that episode here.
Franchesca, This is so well done and helpful to all of us, no matter how long we have been teaching.
Francesca, this is a fantastic video! thank you so much 🙂
You are so welcome! I’m so happy you found this helpful!