Teaching yoga one-on-one requires a totally different skill set than teaching group classes and these unique skills are left out of most teacher trainings so if you have lots of questions about teaching 1×1 lessons that makes sense. I’ve been a full time yoga teacher since 2005, teaching 15-25 private clients a week for most of the last 14+ years so I’ve got plenty of experience in this realm and am so happy to answer your questions!
In this episode I do a Quickfire Q + A and answer these questions:
- Is it rude if I bring a swiffer and clean my student’s practice space?
- What should my cancellation policy be? And does it have to work both ways?
- Do you have an initial assessment/interview session to get to know your client and their needs?
- How do you best serve a client that you feel would benefit from a slower paced practice that always asks for a more challenging, faster pace class with difficult poses?
- What is the protocol for raising rates on existing private clients?
- What does it mean to meet students where they are?
- And more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- A Framework for the First Session with a Private Yoga Student
- The Science of the Private Lesson Online Training
Price Increase Sample Letter
Enter your name and email address below to have the Price Increase Sample Letter that I mentioned in the podcast emailed to you.
Listen to the podcast here:
I did a Q + A about private lessons last year too! Check out that episode here.