Our students’ movement patterns directly impact their pelvic health, and their pelvic floor impacts their movement patterns! With those two aspects of our students’ health so intertwined, it’s really important that yoga teachers understand the nuances of that relationship. We are so lucky to have longtime yoga teacher, teacher’s mentor, and yoga for pelvic health expert Shannon Crow on the show with us today!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- a deep dive into how our cueing as teachers can impact our students’ pelvic floor health
- what usually happens when we tell our students to engage their core
- some thoughts about cueing pelvic floor engagement in a yoga class in the form of mula bandha
- what happens when yoga teachers talk about Pelvic Girdle Pain in a way that is diagnostic or suggesting what might be going on
- The impact of Pelvic Floor Health being discussed using gendered language
- and more!
Other Episodes to Listen To:
- Episode 25: Yoga and The Pelvic Floor with Diana Zotos
- Episode 85: The Trans* Yoga Project with M Camellia + River Redwood
Learn More From Shannon at The Connected Yoga Teacher and Pelvic Health Professionals:
- The Connected Yoga Teacher website
- The Connected Yoga Teacher on Instagram
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Facebook page
- The Connected Yoga Teacher Facebook group (for yoga teachers)
- The Connected Yoga Teacher on YouTube
- Pelvic Health Professionals on Instagram
- Pelvic Health Professionals’ Facebook page
This episode is brought to you by OfferingTree, an easy-to-use, all-in-one online platform for yoga teachers that provides a personal website, booking, payment, blogging, and many other great features. If you sign up at www.offeringtree.com/mentor, you’ll get 50% off your first three months (or 15% off any annual plan)! OfferingTree supports me with each sign-up. I’m proud to be supported by a public benefit company whose mission is to further wellness access and education for everyone.