Today I’m here to share a vulnerable update of my life lately, and some tools I’m using to teach great yoga classes even though I’m in a very challenging season. I’ll be honest, there almost wasn’t a podcast episode this month. This has been one of the hardest summers of my life and I’ve been feeling totally underwater. I realized the middle of the month had already passed and I had no interviews scheduled and no ideas for a podcast episode.
But then I remembered… I’ve been teaching through it all! And I’ve actually felt great about what and how I’ve been teaching.
So today I am sharing a few ideas that I hope support you if you’re struggling to find inspiration for your teaching.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- how to identify why you are not feeling inspired
- the difference between private clients and group classes when you’re lacking inspiration
- why being gentle with yourself is always the first instruction
- how to come up with dharma teachings when you’re struggling
- How to freshen up stale sequences
- why taking a class without the intention of actually taking it is a good idea!
- 115: The Case For Teaching Leveled Classes
- 116: Integrating Buddha Dharma and Asana with Meredith Witte – Live Mentoring Session
- 118: My Group Class Planning Process
- 119: All About My Morning Routine (And Suggestions For Yours!)
Listen to the Podcast
The Middle Way + Midline Flow Class
Enter your name and email address for access to the class The Middle Way + Midline Flow.
This episode is brought to you by OfferingTree, an easy-to-use, all-in-one online platform for yoga teachers that provides a personal website, booking, payment, blogging, and many other great features. The best thing about OfferingTree is you can get up and running in 10 minutes with no tech skills needed. As an added bonus, If you sign up at www.offeringtree.com/mentor, you’ll get 50% off your first three months (or 15% off any annual plan)! OfferingTree supports me with each sign-up. I’m proud to be supported by a public benefit company whose mission is to further wellness access and education for everyone.