I feel a little shy sharing this intimate view of my morning practice, but when I asked y’all if this topic was of interest I heard a resounding YES. As yoga teachers, I think it is important that we make time to engage with our practice and take good care of ourselves so we can be of service to our students and communities.
But like, WHEN ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MAKE TIME FOR THAT?
Life is so full for many of us. We have work and caretaking responsibilities that fill every waking hour (and some of the sleeping ones…) Before the birth of my son, I had a two-hour morning routine that I did every workday, even though most days I started teaching at 7am. After the arrival of my son in the spring of 2022, the availability of that morning time totally disappeared.
But after more than a year in this new life, and after lots of trial and error, I have found a way to have a morning routine that sets me up to be the best teacher and parent I can be. It took me a while to figure out how to manage it, but I feel really good about where I’ve landed and I’m excited to share it with all of you!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- some questions to ask yourself when thinking about your own morning routine
- the purpose of my morning routine
- all seven things I’d like to do every day
- how I manage the morning routine even with unpredictable baby sleep schedules
- what time I get up and how long I spend with each part of my practice
- how I prioritize to scale down my morning practice
- how to manage if you have inconsistent time available in the morning
Click here to see a video version of my morning routine!
OfferingTree is a proud sponsor of this episode and I am honored to be an affiliate. Visit OfferingTree at www.offeringtree.com/mentor and you’ll get 50% off your first three months (or 15% off any annual plan). OfferingTree supports me with each sign-up and I’m proud to be supported by a public benefit company whose mission is to further wellness access and education for everyone.