What do you think of when you hear the word “marketing”? Does it make you think of sleazy sales tactics? Or does it remind you of all the things you think you are supposed to be doing, like social media and email lists, and make you feel immediately overwhelmed??
Whichever camp you fall into, this episode has something for you! Y’all have been asking me to talk about marketing for yoga teachers for YEARS, and I have resisted until now. I met someone who I am TOTALLY in agreement with when it comes to marketing and I’m so excited for you guys to learn from her.
Nikki Naab-Levy is a Pilates teacher, licensed massage therapist, and certified functional strength coach with over a decade of experience helping clients build strength and overcome injury. She holds B.S. in Exercise Science and B.S. in Magazine Journalism from Ohio University and when she’s not teaching a sneaky hard Pilates class, you can find her using her journalism experience to help yoga and Pilates teachers find creative and effective ways to market their workshops, classes, and online programs.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- what marketing actually is and why it is important
- the several phases of a yoga teaching career and the different kinds of marketing that is appropriate for each one
- the main obstacles yoga teachers run into when they market their offerings
- three simple things you can do right now to make your marketing more effective
- some specific homework from Nikki and I to help you get started with some marketing basics if you’re not doing anything right now!
Resources mentioned in this episode: