Over the next few weeks we’re doing something new here on The Mentor Sessions. I’m going to introduce you to five amazing yoga teachers all of whom are engaged in active and full teaching practices in very different parts of the world! These five teachers also happen to be alumni from my teacher training, The Science of the Private Lesson™, and you’ll get to hear directly from them what has happened in their teaching and business since our time together. Today you get to meet Samantha!
Samantha Harrison teaches alignment-based vinyasa and gentle yoga in Greenville, North Carolina, where she also is the manager of YogiVibes Studio. She teaches students in a variety of settings including health centers, corporate settings and private and group yoga classes at YogiVibes Studio. Samantha has been practicing yoga since 2008 and teaching full- time since 2014. She received her initial 200-hour training from the Wilmington Yoga Center and completed her 500-hour RYT training with yoga teacher Cyndi Lee.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- what is takes to be a successful full time yoga teacher in a small town
- a story of how it is possible to be a yoga teacher AND the main breadwinner in the family
- how working at Starbucks helped get her yoga teaching career off the ground
- some of the funny places Samantha met potential students (like at the grocery store and the bank!)
- lots of practical ideas for creating corporate relationships and bringing yoga into offices
- best practices for teaching corporate yoga (including how to set up a contract and how to adjust your teaching to be appropriate for an office setting)
Learn More From Samantha:
- Studio Instagram
- On her website and in her teacher training
- Studio website