I absolutely love Kathryn Bruni-Young’s smart approach to movement and well-rounded strength and I’m so excited to have her back on The Mentor Sessions to share her wisdom with us!
Kathryn Bruni-Young is an international teacher, a strength training enthusiast, teacher trainer and the host of the Mindful Strength Podcast. She produces an online studio from her country home in eastern Ontario, and she educates folks on how they can build their strength and add more strengthening to their yoga, pilates and functional movement classes.
You can listen to my first interview with Kathyrn and hear more of an overview of her philosophy on Mindful Strength in Episode #5!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- why strength training might be more accessible to many people than body weight exercises like postural yoga
- how strength training can be used as a way to build up to body weight movement
- how can weight training help yoga teachers avoid injury
- easy ways to increase load as strength progresses or decrease load if a regression is needed
- what yoga teachers can do at home to incorporate strength training into their routine if they don’t have access to a gym
Learn More From Kathryn: